Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday Fun

I love Friday's and today was no different.  While hubby joined our daughters and their kiddos going to the Butterfly Pavilion in Denver, I was busy at my mini group Nextdoor Quilters.  It was our monthly meeting; it's hard to believe that we have been gathering now for two years.  Last year I took a fancy dessert to celebrate(though I couldn't eat any due to gluten)and this  year I took a flower arrangement for the gal who started our group.  She is a love~who encourages, mentors, challenges, teaches and keeps us organized as well as always taking the notes of our meetings.  A friend asked if we just sit and stitch-nope, we all bring projects we finished the last month or so and the hostess feeds us as well as teaches us something new.  Love this group of gals; we've grown to 14 strong.  Different  personalities, styles and techniques-but we all love quilting.  Some of us have lots of our plates-such as blogging, reviewing books & dog treats, exercising and aren't as prolific as those who don't do anything other than quilt.  That's o.k. and it's what makes us all enjoy each other.
Last month I asked each gal to bring two or three fat quarters so I could send them to Santa Rosa for the Guild making Fire Survivors Quilts.  Prepare to be wowed-our gals brought in 163 Fat Quarters, 52 12.5" squares, 8 large pieces of fabric 1-3 yards, 15 1/2-1 yard piece of fabric.  Hubby and I tightly packed three priority mail boxes to be shipped tomorrow.  Due to the weight of the boxes, this was the best way to ship.
Tomorrow hubby and I will start out the day at the gym and then head to the mail store.  Not sure what else will happen afterwards, except I might start getting the games ready for our groups Christmas lunch.  I'm sharing the job with a dear friend and we will get together in another week and organize everything.  It should be a great luncheon, with games and a gift exchange.
Hard to believe Thanksgiving is just two weeks away and then Christmas.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect weekend. The busy holidays will be here soon, enjoy these days ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14