Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday's Nugget

Good morning friends,  I pray you had a special Valentine's Day filled with all that brings your heart joy.
We had to postpone our party for the grands and our two girls because our youngest daughters family has still been down with the nasty stomach flu.  In fact, our youngest grand daughter was in ER much of Friday night, getting IV's and then she ended up seeing a doctor again last evening.  When a nasty bug hits a 10 mos. old who doesn't have a lot of extra weight, if any, it can be a scary thing when she can't keep food down. Anyway today is a new day and hopefully she will begin to recover her energy and start tolerating food again.  My poor girl though, has been house bond for almost 3 weeks now-I think enough is enough.
My devotional today is so fitting and I just want to share it with you.
From Jesus Calling:" Come to Me with all your weaknesses: physical, emotional, and spiritual.  Rest in the comfort of My Presence, remembering that nothing is impossible with Me.
Pry your mind away from your problems so you can focus your attention on Me.  Recall that I am able to do immeasurably more than all you ask or imagine. Instead of trying to direct Me to do this and that, seek to attune yourself to what I am already doing.
When anxiety attempts to wedge its way into your thoughts, remind yourself that I am your Shepherd.  The bottom line is that I am taking care of you; therefore, you needn't be afraid of anything.  Rather than trying to maintain control over your life, abandon yourself to My will.  Though this may feel frightening-even dangerous, the safest place to be is in My will."  Sarah Young
May your day be filled with the wonder of seeing His provision for you in every detail of your life.
Blessings, Noreen

10 comments:

  1. Noreen,

    Your devotional spoke to my heart! Loved the part about recalling that God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. I am so guilty about trying to direct Him. Thanks for sharing.

    I pray everyone will be healthy soon! Take care

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of the sickness that has been plaguing your family! It CAN get discouraging. Love the devotional that you posted - I'm going to forward it to my daughter!! Have a blessed week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that health is restored to your family....it is scary with a little one for such a bug to linger. Love the devotional. I'm really trying to concentrate on abiding....what that means...because if I abide with Him I will hear His voice, I will be tuned to His Spirit to know anything I might need. Not seeking Him for things or even people but to start out each day just seeking Him....all else will follow. It is a work in progress to get into that mind set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this same devotional over lunch todays and it's words truly are like healing balm!!!

    I'll keep your precious grand daughter in my prayers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad that they have been so sick...hope it is gone soon. I remember those days... my Granddaughters seem to be tuff...they hardly ever get sick (o: PTL...
    Great devotional thoughts as usual.
    Hope to see you sometime soon (o:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your little one. How true that fear enters in so easily when we're down with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How amazing is it that such special messages arrive at the times we most need them.
    I do hope your Grand daughter gets well soon...what an anxious time it must have been.
    Please can "I" say thank you for sharing your special message today...I think I need it.
    Sending lotsaluv from your friends...
    in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many in our neck of the woods are experiencing the flu right now. Thankfully, we're all well to date! Hope everyone is on the mend... I'm with you, enough is enough!

    Love Sarah Young's work. Truly, she has her pulse on the heart of the Father.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. thinking of you and praying that your day is going well...

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14