Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Tuesday friends,  Do you all ever get frustrated with Blogger?  Today is a special day and I had three photos to share but only one came out in the correct rotation...grrrr.  I went to the help area to see if I could find a quick fix and I wasn't able to, so for now you'll have to just have this one photo.  Any one out there who can give this gal some tips, I would love to hear suggestions.  O.k. on to my topic.
Today is my mother's birthday; she would have been 98 yrs old.  You will have to zoom in on this picture to see how adorable she was as a child.  She is the blondie on the left, looking at the photos.  My mom did not have an easy childhood, although I really don't remember her complaining too much.  She had a very ill mother and her dad traveled alot so mom was the one who raised her sister and brother.  Her sister was slow and this meant more care and responsibilities on my moms shoulders.  As I've shared, she was almost 40 yrs old when I was born and had many health issues as well as working full time.  I was not an easy child, I'm sure my brother would attest to that fact.  I don't have memories from my adult years because she passed away at the young age of 61 yrs old.  I would hope that we would have a very close relationship, had she lived.  One family trait I did inherit though is a memory for dates-birthdays, anniversaries, death, etc.  and I like to think it came from mom.
Have a delightful afternoon; I'm off right now to my exercise class and spending time with my good friend.
Hugs, Noreen



5 comments:

  1. I've had trouble with the pictures turning before....never tried to figure it out....just waited for later in the day or another day. I also have trouble with it changing my format and font size ON IT'S OWN....crazy technology. May you find some more sweet memories tucked away....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom looks beautiful in those photos. Thank you for sharing her with us today.
    Enjoy your exercise class - I used shoveling snow for mine today (hee hee).
    Hugs and blessings today my friend,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some trouble with blogger this morning too! I'm sorry I don't have any tips but to wait it out and see if it changes :)

    Your mom was adorable! I hate that she passed away so young! I am sure you would have been so close! So glad you were able to spend some time with your neighbor.....she has got to be praising the LORD for you!!!

    Enjoy your afternoon and time with your friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your hope that I would have had a very close relationship with my mother if I had been able to know her as an adult. It's nice that you can think of the positive trait of remembering dates as coming from your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Love the picture of your mom.

    I wish Blogger had a better picture uploader. It is so very time consuming. I find I have to have the photos in the right orientation before uploading them. I know you can do something with a Flicker account, but I have yet to explore that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14