Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hi there my friends,  Last night dear hubby sat down with me to try and figure out this rotating photos issues for my blog and you know what?  He couldn't and thought it was very frustrating that Blogger doesn't have a place on the tool bar for doing this simple task.  It would appear that even though we rotated the photo in our folder, if it isn't rotated correctly in the original, it doesn't show up with the correct orientation. 
Well, yesterday was a very pleasant day; exercise class was really good and then I took my friend to a local health food/vitamin store so she could get a supplement she needed.  I was also able to get Goat Yogurt there for a really good price.  Today, hubby and I are going to a beginner Pickle Ball class so that I can see if it looks like something I might enjoy and be able to do.  I've never seen this played before but I understand it is an indoor game similar to tennis except with different racquets and a whiffle ball.  Last time I tried badminton, I ended up straining my back and sciatica kicked in so I haven't played since.  I don't want to pay for a class or activity that I might not be able to do.  I'm hoping I can because the more exercise the better and this would be something hubby and I could do together.  I'm not sure what this afternoon holds but I'm almost finished with the majority of hand quilting the baby quilt and am eager to do the border and finish it up.  When you live at elevation, babies tend to arrive earlier than normal and even though this little lass isn't due until mid-April I want to finish the quilt and get it in the mail to the proud grandma. 
Tomorrow is our last class for the bible study and we will have a brunch afterwards.  Next week we begin a study on Jonah; I thinik it will be so timely and interesting with all that is going on in the world.
Our weather is still incredible although the wind is a bit cold but it is beautiful-I'm hoping our weatherman is wrong about snow tomorrow. 
Have a joy-filled day.
Noreen

11 comments:

  1. Good morning lovely Nor!
    Sorry your blog editor is messing up. I don't have that problem when posting photos at all. Lay hands on your computer and pray!!! :o) Those kinds of issues can be sooo frustrating!

    Can I play pickle ball, too??? We could play at each others pace with our twin sciatica issues!! :o)

    Love you bunches my friend! Have a joyful day!
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so sweet that you and hubby are trying new things together. I am waiting for the day when my Mr. Man does not have to work (retire) and we can spend all our days together trying new things.
    The post about your mom touched my heart. I lost my mother over a 1 year ago.
    Oh yea ... the baby quilt. I am praying that blogger get corrected so we can see pictures. I love quilts especially baby quilts.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger has been a bit sketchy with me as well.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think technology just has a mind of it's own some days. I had to google Pickle Ball....I had never heard of it. Hope it works for you guys to be able to play...at least it doesn't seem like as much running as tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with Pickle Ball! We have a family cabin on the WA coast with a pickle ball court. Rick was interested in pickle ball at one point and encouraged us to learn to play so we could use the court. I am interested to learn more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog looks beautiful, and the music was so uplifing! I get frustrated with tech-anything, so I have my share of issues with blogging too. Hang in there. Hope the snow leaves you for good soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Noreen,
    sounds like you had a fun day yesterday. Always fun being with friends.
    Now I have to say I have never heard of pickle ball, but sounds like fun!
    I love badmitton and ping pong.
    We used to have a ping pong table years back when the kids were younger.
    Can't wait to see a pic of that beautiful new baby quilt you are making. someone sent me an email the other day of a lady who is blind but makes all these amazing quilts.......a true miracle. she is amazing! but I think anyone is amazing that can make a quilt personally!! I would imagine that takes a lot of patience!
    I tend to like quick projects!! lol
    Thanks for coming by yesterday, and praying for hubbies job, no news still but I am wondering if the Lord is saving it for a birthday present since Jim's birthday is March 7th......guess we'll see, want we!! lol
    You have a great day hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. When our kids were in high school we lived in a home with a Pickle Ball court. Loved it! So did our neighbors. Nearly every summer evening we collected contenders and had some rousing competitions. Fun stuff; great memeories.

    Living at higher elevations brings on early deliveries? I learned something new here today :)

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see pictures of that quilt. I find hand quilting to be so relaxing, and since all of my quilts (so far) have been for others (DD's family), I use that time to pray over the intended recipient. ;-)

    I hope your weather man is wrong about the snow, too. It's time for spring, right?

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Noreen- this is what you have to do for your pictures. If the picture is turned sideways, then go to a photo editor like picasa (that's what i have on my computer) and then turn the photo the right way and then save it - export it back to your pictures and replace the original one. then when you pull it up it is in the saved position.... if you don't understand, email me!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogger can be such a pain sometimes!
    I have never heard of pickle ball... hope it works for you (o: I went fora nice walk today and the weather was great. Who knows what this weekend holds? Snow? I really don't want any.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14