Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Thursday dear friends. I love this day of the week, how about you? Yesterday I had a great day~hubby was of golfing so I got a chance to walk 3 miles with a girlfriend, get a much needed haircut and take my girl and her girls out to lunch. How thankful I am for the Lord's blessings in my life.
Being today is TT, I wanted to thank the Lord for extended family and family roots.
This is my cousin Steve, the one closest in age to me, who I spent time with during my childhood. He was always very gracious when I was visiting his family and would let me tag along, just like a kid sister. I happened to see this photo of Steve at his son's wedding and as my sister-in-law said "doesn't this just scream Ireland". All of us cousins do look Irish but I think Steve looks the most Irish. He has a quick sense of humor and although I don't see him and his wife very often, I enjoy our visits. I am very proud of my heritage and look forward to the day when I can visit my grandparents homeland.

10 comments:

  1. Aww! What a sweet cousin! I am the oldest of all my cousins and loved spending time with them too!

    Sooo glad you had such a blessed day yesterday...getting a much needed haircut just makes everything better doesn't it ;)

    Have a blessed day Noreen

    Love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. We picked raspberries on our walk in the ally (the girls call it the valley) it was a calming balm on a crazy morning. The school girls had late start so everyone stopped by in the morning. Five little girls running around getting out every toy while I tried to talk to their Mom. When the Mom and 2 left and I had three girls... I was fried already. I am older ya know. Hee hee. The little walk and berries and a Popsicle helped us all to settle down.
    On Monday and Wed. I have three girls (two mine and one daycare) and we go to parks our McDonald's. sometimes. Maybe you could bring a few kids and meet us for the morning and picnic (or McDonald,s).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right ~ what a wonderful thing to be thankful for ~ and one often overlooked....my extended family has added soo much blessing to my life. Have a wonderful day. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family roots are a blessing to be thankful for. I hope you get to fulfill your wish to visit Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your grateful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve does look Irish, and he is handsome to I might add. I m so glad you got to have lunch with your daughter and your grandchildren, I do miss that so much.I would love to have you walk with me on my walks. Hope your day is filled with many more blessings,
    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I love Thankful Thursday, as well! Great picture of your cousin - very GQ:) Happy your "TT" was a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to give thanks for family!
    I saw several cousins last weekend at my niece's wedding. Fun!
    Happy Thankful Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful day. I envy you the walk. Fallen arches have made me into a bicycler. But I continue to pray for healing! May your weekend be blessed.....Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am always grateful for family too. Hope you get to visit Ireland soon Noreen!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14