Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oh What A Beautiful Morning

Now that spring is here I am awakened each day to the lovely songs of birds outside. We have a variety and as of yet I can't identify them all but I do hear the sound of doves and red-winged blackbirds. I've also spotted a robin recently. In California we had lots of quail, mockingbirds, scrub jays and blackbirds. It is wonderful to wake up to sunny blue skies and birds singing.
I am trying to set me mood to recognizing the blessings around me this day because I have to go to the dentist shortly. It will be a long appointment; I'm getting a temporary bridge as I had a tooth pulled in December. Not fun I'm thinking but while I'm sitting in the dental chair for two hours I will use the time to pray and thank our Lord for all the wonders this life holds.
Whatever weather you're experiencing enjoy it today.

5 comments:

  1. Hello

    Going to the dentist is rarely fun. I suffered through almost 2 years of wire braces. Not something I ever hope to repeat. But then, most dental work is unpleasant. I hope all works out well for you.

    Spring is definitely trying to make the same entrance here as it is for you there. We have several tulips blooming and the tree buds are more pronounced today than ever before. If we miss the chance in pausing to enjoy their awakening beauty we may miss the good parts much like we could if we don't take every opportunity to savor our children's growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful day here. the sun is shining, the birds are singing and all the snow has melted. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are braver than me...when I have big dental work done, I use the nitrous and use head phones for music. Takes my mind off of all the noise the drill and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything went well! I love waking to the singing birds, too! No better way to start the day!!
    God knew that!! It's all part of His special love for us!!

    Love and hugs, sweetie!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love listening to the birds sing too! A lovely way to wake up.

    I hope that your dental appointment went well.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14