Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Beauty of the City


On Sunday our family spent most of the day in Denver at the Museum of Natural Science and History. It was a free admissions day and when you've got as many kiddos as we do you learn to take advantage of free days. Last week we got hit by a cold storm that brought several feet of snow to Colorado and lots of rain. Sunday was clear and beautiful and this is the view from the museum. I'm not one for big cities but this was breath taking with the Rockies in the background and snow still on the ground. There were children and adults building snowmen but I know that they are gone now as our temperatures have gotten back into the 60's and low 70's.
Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous photo, Noreen!!
    I clicked to enlarge it and the mountains do look so majestic in their blanket of snow!!

    So when are we going rock climbing in them?? ;o) When I went it was a cliff by Horsetooth Resevoir somewhere!!

    Love ya!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK reservoir!! Me and my typos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful photo. Those mountains are spectacular. Love the mountains. Have a great day my friend. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great picture. I enlarged it and it is even better that way. I went for a nice walk today and enjoyed the greening under the sun (o: Yesterday I took 2 girls to McDonalds and tomorrow and the next day I babysit. Hope you are enjoying the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful pictue! Glad you had a fun day at the museum...we always enjoy museum visits. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you're still having snow there? when does spring officially start for you there?

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14