Monday, April 27, 2020

Spring Yard Work

Happy Monday to you all. I hope you had a good weekend with weather that allowed you to be outside. This weekend hubby and I began to take apart one of our beds in the yard-it used to have Echinacea and Black Eyed Susans and my birdbath. However, over the last several years it has not looked as good as it did when we moved in and we decided it was time for a change. So out came some of the big landscape rocks and we will put in new soil and plant a Lacy Leaf Japanese Maple, with some flowers around it. Will you look at the size of those boulders though.
This big one was too heavy for hubby and I to maneuver out, so we'll wait until our grandsons can come over and get it out for us.
Yesterday we spend some time getting all the dirt off of them and once we get our furniture dolly back, we will move them around.  We also took Hunter for a walk and cut through the golf course and saw this bed-loved it.
With the maple we will have shade underneath, so Impatiens may be the perfect flower for the area.  We'll see when the tree is purchased and planted.  Actually, we will be buying three of the Lacy Leaf Maples~we have had them for years in Ca. and now have finally succeeded in keeping one alive here in Colorado.
May your day be filled with sunshine and blue skies, laughter and joy.
Hugs,
Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14