Monday, April 6, 2020

Masks

Hello to you this Monday morning! I had a productive weekend making some masks; it started out for just hubby and I, in addition to finding a pattern I thought a granddaughter could make. I then realized that my close friend and neighbor is high risk, so texted and asked if she would like one; she jumped on it so quickly. Unfortunately I only had a little rope elastic from one of my craft projects several years ago. So after I made hers and dropped it off at their door, she texted and said her hubby would pay me to make him one. No problem. You know that it is very easy then to say I will make another. So yesterday when walking, hubby and I happened to see our next door neighbor. I asked if she was getting to the grocery store and she expressed concern with not having a mask; we came home and I made four more-thus a total of 9. I went outside and hung it on our fence and she came out, so thankful that she has one to wear to shop. I also left one at our other next-door neighbor's front door for the gal. She hasn't been shopping, her family has been keeping their food supplied. She was so thankful! On Saturday hubby and I had to run to the store I get vitamins at and organic food, this is what I looked like going in.

I think by the time this is over, most of us will be used to wearing masks in public.  This weekend we had lovely weather and Hunter is loving his walks. Today I'm going to be working on the table runner that I put aside for making masks; I'm sure we'll either walk or maybe ride bikes.  I know it's spring because we have doves and robins that must be eating berries somewhere and they keep flying into our windows.  I hope you are able to get out and enjoy the weather and if you have to venture out to a store, that you are garbed up like I was here.
Blessings to you today.
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. So generous of you, Noreen! God bless you and may you and your family stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute! Stay safe and healthy, my friend~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you! I wish I could sew. I can crochet. So, I have crocheted some masks. Each one takes me about two hours! :-) Oh well, gotta do what I can do!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14