Saturday, February 29, 2020

Looking Young Again

Hello! I've shared just how much joy our pup Hunter brings to our lives and how adored(aka spoiled)he is. I noticed almost two years ago he started having tear staining-not just brown, but red. I talked to our vet and asked about a product that breeders use, but vets try to steer clear of it. It is an antibiotic used on large animals and they don't want dogs to become immune to it. So this January when we had his eight teeth extracted, I noticed he wasn't having any tear staining. Interesting~at first I wondered if it was because we changed his kibble back to what he originally ate or was the infection causing the red tear staining. Then just now I realized that he was also on an different antibiotic for two weeks after his surgery. Here is a photo after his surgery; here it's not even as bad as it had gotten.

Here is a photo I took today. Amazing how different his eyes look.

I'm not sure what changed or if it was a combination of things, but I think he looks so much younger than he did before. Don't want him to have to have more teeth taken out, but I do love seeing him look like he used to.  He looks pretty scruffy here due to waiting 9 weeks for grooming.  I will say that since he had his bad teeth removed, he eats more like a dog-meaning that he has kibble in the morning and then a mixture at night.  All I know is that he doing so well; I just wish I had realized he was in pain before.
Hugs,
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. OH! Noreen he is so adorable, I am happy he is feeling well, I have often wondered about our dear Jack and his circumstances, if it might have been his dog food, or meds. he was on for allergies, and heart worm prevention..
    Thanks for sharing, thank for visiting and for your sweet comment.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14