Monday, February 24, 2020

The Call of the Wild

Happy Monday to you!  Yesterday was a cold and dreary day, so hubby and I decided to go to the movies.  We usually go on Tuesday's during the winter, but haven't seen any lately that drew us in-until yesterday.  You all know what a dog lover I am, so this was a must see.  I believe my girls and I read this book decades ago, but I really didn't remember the story.  It was such a good movie, despite Buck being animated as well as the other sled dogs and Timber Wolves.  It didn't hurt that the setting was Alaska-a state hubby and I love.  I will be honest, the only thing that kept me from crying was that they weren't real dogs.  A good friend went with her hubby to a later showing and she did cry.  The robotic/animation has gotten so good that at times it was hard to remember the dogs weren't real-especially when they were about to be mistreated. I'm sure if I go back and reread the story now, the movie may disappoint-but it was good just the same.
So if you are looking for a good flick on some cold day, go see this one.  Harrison Ford is fantastic and never disappoints.
Tomorrow hubby and I are heading down to Boulder to meet a friend that I haven't seen in 28 years.  We both left Silicon Valley at the same time; we headed to Sonoma County and they headed back to Indiana.  She was such a pivotal woman/mentor in my life when I was a young mom; I can't wait to meet her for lunch and catch up.
Hope you are all having a great day!
Hugs,
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Movie dates with our dh's are always so special, this seems like a good one. I especially love going to the movies for the popcorn! ~grin~
    Enjoy catching up with your dear friend.
    Blessings.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your views on this movie, I've heard it was good. I didn't realize the dogs weren't real. I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friend/mentor! How very special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your review is giving me the idea to see Call of the Wild, thanks. Nice to meet up with your friend after so many years.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14