Wednesday, February 19, 2020

On A Cold, Snowy Day

Hello again, I thought I was on a roll and back to blogging on a regular basis, but it just hasn't happened. Not quite sure why, but I do try to think of things to post. Today it has been so cold and snowing all day-lightly, like we are in a snow globe. So after hitting the gym late this morning and having lunch, what's a girl to do but head downstairs to sew. I didn't sew, but started the fusible appliqué for my March Patch-Abilities club.
It is a long way from being finished, but I just so enjoy the appliqué that  I find myself working on it ahead of the class.  I will have to stitch some vines for the Violets and some feathers for the wings on the yellow bird, before I head to the class in March and sew it all down.
Tonight hubby and I are joining some neighbors to go to dinner and then afterwards there is a brewery that hosts a fun evening-if you bring in old records you save $1.00 on a beer.  Now the couple we are going with are close friends and neighbors; she and I don't drink, but the guys will save a dollar or two.  Tonight's genre is Black singers or groups; we are taking a  Diana Ross and Marvin Gay album and also a Diana Ross & the Supreme's.  It should be fun to see if they have a good turnout and what music they have.  I have an old Billy Holiday album, but wanted something more upbeat.  The rest of the week is pretty relaxed; I'm sure we have more snow in the forecast. We've had more this winter than we have in the last 12 years.  The only good thing is that all the moisture will help the grass and trees and ward off any grass mites that eat the roots.  I didn't know that was an issue until the last couple of years when neighbors began to tell us to water our grass even in the winter.
I hope your week has started out well.
Hugs,
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing what your talented hands create, I am so in the mood for spring,
    You asked me about Maca, oh it is good for what ails you. ~grin~ I take it for just my overall well being, it was recommended to me by my nutritionist.
    Blessings,
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14