Tuesday, October 29, 2019

When It's Cold Outside

Happy Tuesday to you; here in Colorado we are getting more snow and believe me when I tell you it's cold outside. Dear hubby is out shoveling the walkway, driveway and sidewalk; he said it was easier to shovel three inches now and three this afternoon. I didn't even try to go out; I'm getting too leery of slipping and breaking something.

I bought this beautiful Mum at the beginning of the month and it is the only one I have that is still alive.  One I planted in the garden and I have another in the sunroom, but it's very wilted; once the snow stops, I will try to plant it.  This beauty is my favorite this year and I've brought it in when its been freezing or snowing.  I will plant it too in the front yard; just can't bear to put it out there and watch it die.
I realized that with my lack of blogging lately, I hadn't shared any of my harvest decorations.


I have started making small Snap Bags for my granddaughters stocking stuffers; they are small bags than can hold gloss or lipstick.  I received one at our Guild's mini retreat in September and it is perfect for a large purse or travel bag.  I will continue to work on those and hope to start a new quilt for one granddaughter; I can't say I'll have the quilt done by Christmas but I'm hoping for the new year.
To all those in California, many are praying for relief from the devastating wildfires.  We have friends and family who've had to evacuate; it was just two years ago that they had the Tubbs fire and it destroyed much of our old home town.
Blessings~
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. Ha!! Look at you guys :-)
    Winter has most certainly arrived and this month of October has been amazing. For our home as of yesterday we have had 22 inches of snow in October and they say record breaking below zero temps in the single digits for tomorrow here.
    Enjoy it, there is beauty out there for sure.

    Your mum is gorgeous and I can't blame you for not wanting to plant it and watch it die. :(

    Those little zippered bags are wonderful! My daughter has made them and sold them on etsy. I have a couple in my purse for my lip sticks and one for personal items, they are quite handy and keep everything organized.

    Stay warm and be safe out there~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cold and snow! Stay inside your lovely home and be safe!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14