Thursday, October 10, 2019

Cold Thursday

Good morning friends,  You all know how much I love fall and I'm definitely not ready for winter.  Thankfully this is only supposed to last until tomorrow when it warms back up.  Last night we had Thunder Snow, which I've never experienced before.  Actually when the lightning was happening, we just heard hail; it wasn't until I took Hunter out for the last time that I realized there was snow on the ground.  As you can see there isn't much snow, just a reminder that it is on the horizon. I took my three large new mums inside from the front porch and we also covered our three in the backyard.  Two small ones were left uncovered, but hopefully they'll survive.  Some neighbors just throw their mums out when they're done, but yours truly plants hers.  Next year we'll have two new mums out back and one big one in the front bed.  Love this season.  We do need to go out today, but not for several hours-Hunter gets groomed; poor guy, will be cold when he's done(guess I'll get his sweater out).  I hope you all have a great day!
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. Thunder snow...isn't that crazy!
    That has happened up here in the mountains too.
    We ended up with 7 1/2 inches at our home and it was beautiful, just like winter.
    I hadn't put the shovels out, so had to trek in the snow to get them, and yes,I had to shovel. :-)

    I tried planting my mums one year but to no avail in this altitude, you are lucky you can keep yours.
    I never cared for mums, but they are one of my favorites now.

    Take care~

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14