Thursday, December 10, 2009


What a wonderful world we live in; we have so much to be thankful for each day! Yet, I realize, how many people slip into continual discouragement, especially at this time of year.
This week I've been so thankful to see Christmas through the eyes of a child; to remember the wonder of the season as viewed from a young one. I've also seen so many hurting at this time of year for various reasons~life threatening illnesses, financial troubles, bitterness, unfulfilled expectations. It is so easy to get pulled into that riptide of hurt without really stopping to take inventory of all the blessings in our lives.
So today I am so thankful for these:
A new day to live, may I live and love fully, being filled with appreciation for each breath I take. I am thankful for eyes that see, ears that hear, a heart that beats, a mind that is able to think and arms to hug.
I'm thankful for walking through the valleys of life in order to see the stars more clearly. The sun still shines in the morning.
I am thankful for those loved ones who've allowed me the privilege to walk through their journeys with them; journeys of joy and sadness and paths where I can grab a hand and journey with them for as long as we are able.
I am thankful that His grace is new every morning and He promise to never leave us or forsake us.
I am thankful for the blessings of those who know me intimately and love me still; especially my dear husband. I am so incredibly blessed and thus thankful for my two girls, their godly hubby's and our eight going on nine grandchildren.
I am thankful for dear friends, old and new, who we are able to spend time with embracing life.
I am thankful for pets, those four legged creatures that we take into our hearts and share our lives with.
I am thankful for my dearest friends, my prayer warriors who uplift and encourage me when I become weary. There are so many but special in my heart are these kindred sisters: Becky, Carol,Lynn, Lisa, Dineen, Cyndi, Pam, Marlene, Sue, Amy, Patricia, Stacy, Angela. xxxooo
I'm thankful for snow and for the different seasons. To see the earth covered in white glistening
powder makes my heart sing.
I am thankful for the strength to still help shovel our driveway and our walkways.
I am thankful that our two old dogs have adjusted well to all the white stuff that covers the yard.
But mostly I am thankful for Him!
Because it really is all about Him!

May your joy be made full in Him today.
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sweetie...
    Beautiful post, just beautiful. I love it. You reminded daily blessings are just so heart warming. Thank you so much for sharing today.

    Please stopby and say hi. I love it when you do.

    Country hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thankful list. And I want to say that I'm thankful for you! I can't wait to hear the good news of your new grandbaby arriving soon.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for you too dear friend. I'm especially thankful for HIM too!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for having someone as a friend who continually reminds me there is much to be thankful for when I allow my focus to shift to a "need" instead of what I already have. HUGS!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14