Monday, November 16, 2009

It's a new week filled with so many possibilities and blessings in our Lord; all we have to do is have open hands held up to Him. Yesterday I had breakfast with a young woman who was one of the first people I met before we moved here. This young gal is in her 20's and has such a heart for orphans, especially in Haiti. I haven't seen her in almost a year and as we visited she showed me photos of her latest trip to Haiti.
She stayed with a lady named Danita and Annie told so many heartwarming and heart-wrenching stories as she showed us the photos. This orphanage is not associated with any other large organization but is existing on the Lord's provision. Hearing these stories and gazing upon the photos of the children made me look towards years past wishing I could have joined a team ministering to the children. If you want to be challenged today, go check out this website and seek the Lord for direction on how you might give aid.
http://www.danitaschildren.org/

Today I am especially thankful for the different seasons of life and all that the Lord intends for each season. I am thankful for a young woman named Annie who openly shares her passion for orphans and draws others to them as well. I am thankful for women and men who give up everything to minister to children, to bring life physically as well as spiritually to a hungry world.
I am thankful for lots of snow this last weekend and the warmth of sunshine that brought beauty to the pristine white. I am thankful, once again, that the Lord wastes nothing but redeems everything.
Hugs, Noreen

7 comments:

  1. Good morning sweet friend. I loved reading about your friend and her passion for orphans in Haiti. I had the opportunity to go on a mission trip to Haiti in 1980 when Baby Doc (dictator) was in power. It was a scary time but my heart broke as I worked in one of their clinics they set up for us. So many babies die there. Ther were tiny coffins lined up. I will check out your friend's blog. Thanks for the heads up.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thankful day to you. Nice white weekend we had (o: I think it will melt off pretty fast. Nice post and I will check out that site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice to hear about someone as your friend! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this link! I will check this out today.

    Linda
    http:coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noreen, amen! God is THE REDEEMER! Nothing is beyond his grasp. Thanks for sharing this link. It's heart breaking to see children who are hurting.
    I am thankful I live in a nation that this is not the norm and humbled by it...for there but for the grace of God....go I!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post...I LOVED your last line....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear friend, what a wonderful post. I'm reading a book right now about orphans. I'll send you the title in an e-mail today. Hugs and love

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14