Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Outdoor Wednesday

Happy Wednesday dear ones~ Since last month was so busy I never got around to posting photos of the dogs my girlfriend was taking care of for the month.  The photo below is pretty small but if you click on it you should get a better idea.  You may remember that she was caring for 15 Springer Spaniels; it is a continual task that she loves.  I so enjoyed my time with her at her brother's place and of course spending time with the dogs as well.  There are several ready to retire but, at least for me, two negatives are that they have long hair and that they are hunting dogs so even if they are retired they would not be doing what they've done their entire life and would not be as happy as living with someone who would take them hunting.
 A morning sunrise; it was so beautiful plus there wasn't snow which made out outdoor time even more pleasant, although finding those "doggy mines" isn't nearly as easy.
 This guys is one of my favorites-I just love his markings.  You may remember that most of the time we had 8-10 dogs inside at any given time.  A little crazy for me.
 These dogs are so well trained, which is why they place so high in trails-both hunting and obedience.  I would love it if Cyndi and her hubby would choose to relocate here-then I could get my dog fix any time I  wanted. 

Meanwhile, Reggie and I are content to enjoy life in the slow lane.  I did see my dentist yesterday and we decided to just proceed with the antibiotics, hoping this will clear up whatever is going on with my tooth. 
We had an absolutely beautiful day yesterday but snow is in the forecast for tomorrow; since I have a cold I think I'll be staying in quilting.
Have a exciting day, giving thanks for all the blessings in your life.
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. I love your Reggie...beautiful color in that bright sun shine. Praying that tooth infection clears up well! Peace to your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 springers....that is definitely the fast lane! WOW!! I thank both you and sweet Reggie for stopping by All God's Creatures!
    Woofs and Wags,
    sitka

    Blessings and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reggie is very handsome! 15 might be a little much for me too.
    Hope the cold and tooth infection heals up quickly. I've been sick this week myself. Hoping to be back at work tomorrow. Hear we might get some yucky weather here later in the week. Hope not!
    hugs,
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reggie and you make great companions. He is adorable! Since our mishap with our Maggie last year, we just haven't gotten a new one. I do miss having a furry friend to hug on. Maybe soon, I have been talking with dh about one.
    I hope you get to feeling better with your tooth problem. I have been under the weather with a sinus infection and vertigo.
    Hope your week is filled with many more blessings,
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14