Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Little Of This and A Little Of That

Thank you all dear friends for your input on our follower numbers dropping recently.  For me, blogging is about relationships and you are friends I've made, even if I haven't met you in person. When I see numbers drop, it feels like I've lost some friends and yet I don't know why.  So now I know that while some may be attrition, it may just be blogger messing with us.  I guess if someone was not going to stop by I'd like to know why and if they found me to be boring or offensive.  So I'm rambling on and not it's done....so here's what I've been up to(my photos from my IPhone haven't come through yet, so I will post them separately when they do.
I got all three blocks done for the honor quilt, although only one is the one I was planning on giving to the gal making the lap quilts.  However, she told me she would use the other two also.  Today I had two grands over and they made hot pads-so cute, a beginning project in machine applique.  I will stay though that my machine has many decorative stitches and some that closely resemble blanket stitch but aren't quite the same-so the stitching looked a little different.  Also I have not done anything with blanket stitching or machine applique, so wasn't exactly an expert either.  I did tell the girls that they are learning and it will be a good start for the future.  Tomorrow has opened up totally and I will again begin working on my blocks for the quilt.  Thankfully a neighbor told me when she made a queen size quilt it took her a year and almost a year and a half to quilt it.  I do not want to take that long-and I doubt it would take me that long to hand quilt it, but you never know.  Tonight we are having Bison Burgers with french fries and salad for dinner.
Hope your Thursday was easy and tomorrow will begin a wonderful weekend.
Blessings~
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Someday, I will learn to quilt! I'm sure your blocks are beautiful! Hope you enjoyed your dinner, bison is so good!!! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, it appears that anyone who was following via anything but a google account has been (or is) dropped. So none of us should take it personal!
    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14