Thursday, June 18, 2015

Bunratty Castle

Greetings from Ireland. We are still having a wonderful time and it's hard to believe that we've passed the half way mark. We so enjoyed Bunratty; we stayed in a hotel across the street from the Castle. It was an easy walk; I will say though that we were glad this wasn't our first castle, because it was in poor shape compared to the rest. I'm not sure we would have continued on going to castles if this had been our first.
We loved seeing castles, but after so many you begin to feel that you've seen them all.
This was put in out of order and is a little restaurant across the road from the castle. It was so cute.
One of four cannons; we knew our grandsons would love this.
We didn't get a lot of photos inside, but the hike up the stairs was intense.

We really had to hold on to the hand rail, the steps were steep and angled.



We loved the Thatched roof cottages we've seen. What a lot of work though.  We wondered if they are cheaper or more expensive to have done than slate roofs.
The hotel was very nice; we had a large room and enjoyed our time there.
Our pace continues to be fast, but we are trying to squeeze every possible site in.  I think we will not be stopping for more castles or ruins; though they are wonderful, we are ready for some new sights.
I hope your week has gone quickly.
Sending love your way!
Noreen

6 comments:

  1. So much to see ... I'm glad you're having such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our mom loves castles, she said it is in her blood.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noreen, I loved seeing the pictures of you and your husband. You are a nice looking couple. Doing those stairs, one would never have a sagging behind form that stairmaster. LOL. Isn't it amazing how many castles are there. I hope you get to enjoy the great outdoors too. Get yourself a piece of lace to bring home. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Such a pretty place to visit! Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really taking in so very many places, beauty and history all around! I wonder about the thatched roof and the fireplace, I would be worried about sparks causing a house fire, but I'm sure that's just my over thinking brain! Glad you are enjoying your trip! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, it all sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14