Tuesday, April 2, 2013

California Dreamin

Back in the day, the Mamas and the Papas recorded a song titled California Dreamin.
Everybody(especially in California) loved this group and those of you who know this song will probably have it stuck in your mind all day.  One line goes " California dreamin on such a winter's day..."  and that is what I'm saying today.
You see, here in Colorado we are supposed to get rain(it is way too early for this)or possibly snow and after the lovely day on Sunday, I am not ready to go back to it.  Of course, since hubby and I are off, for a couple of days, to beautiful northern California I won't worry about it; however they have been getting rain there too.  The hills are alive with(the sound of music) color-yes another partial song, so I guess that I am in a singing mood. There is nothing prettier than the rolling hills of northern California that remind me of Ireland. We are going to be with family, pay our last respects to hubby's mom and put her home on the market; we will hit the ground running.  I am thankful that my brother and sister of my heart are there and we can stay with them.  I'm taking our IPad so that when we have a minute to breathe, I can come say hello to you all.  I hope you have a blessed Tuesday and that you are savoring every moment of life.  Hunter will be hanging out with Lily and will be one tired pup when we get back!
Hugs,
Noreen & Hunter

13 comments:

  1. Have a safe journey and enjoy the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a safe trip and a productive time in California. {{hug}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time! I think the California coastline is among some of the most beautiful I have ever seen!!!
    Hope you get good weather!!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe trip and don't work too hard. Enjoy your time in California.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe trip, it is a most beautiful area, will pray for wisdom as you attend to all the details and an extra measure of endurance as you hit the ground running

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your time spent there, and be safe! Sure wish it was So. California because we'd have to meet up for sure...some day! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about your mother-in-law, Noreen. Did she just pass? Did I know this & forgot? I apologize if I did.

    Have a safe trip, beautiful time with family, and comfort during the hard times this trip sounds like it may produce. Joy mixed with sadness...isn't that how life is.

    Lovingly--Andrea
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw your blog on the side bar of Heart Choices and thought I'd stop by. Hope you enjoy your time in lovely CA. and blessings as you bid your final respects to your MIL. Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Travel safely and enjoy the weather!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for a safe trip for you. I am really sorry about your MIL.I hope you have wonderful weather- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been busy writing and not getting around the blogging world for a while. WHEW...I have missed much, a belated birthday blessing of His favor and new joys to you. So many fun parties with your family. You all go all out to have fun...you are blessed to be so close. What a wonderful post about your mother in law. Praying safe travels indeed and joy in the memories stirred.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry to hear about your mother in law Noreen...I sure do hope you and your husband are doing all right. May she rest in peace with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, you were in my neck of the woods, and I missed it. I hope you had a beautiful time in California!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14