Monday, April 22, 2013

A Special Wedding

Happy Monday friends~I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Friday night we attended a wedding of a close friend; in fact, we knew the bride when she was little and we all attended the same church. We share the same last name and they moved here to Colorado about a month after we did. I have never been to an evening wedding and it was lovely! One of our granddaughters was a flower girl and looked so beautiful. This wedding brought back memories and I found myself tearing up a lot.
 
Posted by Picasa
Our youngest daughter, Kim and her family.
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
Daughter Carrie's two girls; they also joined in the celebration by wearing special dresses. Don't they look like little Princesses?
 
Posted by Picasa
I'm sure this isn't the last wedding our little granddaughter will be in but doesn't she look exquisite! I'm not sure if my emotions were due to remembering when my girls got married or thinking about the future with our grands.
 
Posted by Picasa
Unfortunately, we didn't get any photos of the wedding party or bride; I can't believe this but we had our laps full of grands. I will tell you that this wedding was so elegant and also intimate. The bride's dress was a "glamor girl" style, fashioned after the 30's and fit her perfectly. I'm hoping to get a photo of her when the pics go online and then I'll post it.
Snow is on the way to Colorado; we are leaving tomorrow for a few days in Palo Alto, CA. with more trust business. I had hoped to post last time we were there but never had the chance; this time I won't promise but I will be doing my best to check in with you all.
Stay warm and enjoy life.
Noreen & Hunter

9 comments:

  1. Weddings are always fun to go to. I love to look at all the decorations, gowns and of coarse flower girls!! Your was a beauty for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids look wonderful. MOM has done a couple of night weddings. One was even along a lake sore with an almost full moon. I am told it was very beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL the grands look just adorable, but the little flower girl IS especially so. Love the dress she is wearing. Glad it all went well. I will pray your trip goes well, and all gets accomplished that needs to be. Travel safe! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grands are so pretty. Praying for safe and productive travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lap full of grands beats a camera any day. Sweet children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious little grands, little girls do love to dress up don't they and they grow up so quickly. Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  7. As we have said so many times, you have such a beautiful family. And it was so nice that you all were able to attend the wedding.

    Safe travels.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love weddings and seeing the children that are a part of it all dressed up, make it that much more beautiful. Glad it was an enjoyable evening and I hope your trip is too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your family is just beautiful, Noreen. It osunds like it was an emotional day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14