Saturday, May 4, 2019

Happy Saturday to you.  I'm not quite sure where the week went, but it's been busy.  I'm in the midst of getting ready for our traveling friends(aka next door neighbors in Santa Rosa) and also working on finishing touches of a guest speaker that our mini group is having.  With these two things, you can also add in the gym and working on our guild's mini retreat that I am helping another gal put on.  We will have between 40-50 quilters and there have been lots of details to attend to.  However, none of these reasons should have kept me from blogging.
So tomorrow our friends arrive and we are so excited.  Unfortunately Colorado is playing with the weather again and it won't be warm like I was hoping.  Monday we are going to see a guest speaker with our guild and then Tuesday we are taking them to Steamboat Springs.  It will be a quick getaway, but fun for them to see this part of Colorado.  Friday is our special speaker for our mini group and it will be wonderful.  Jeananne Wright is speaking on Uncommon Quilts From Common Threads: Feedsack Quilts and more.  I have heard Jeananne speak in the past and she is an incredible storyteller, historian and quilt collector.  From what she told us, she has over 800 antique quilts in her collection.  It should be wonderful to hear her again; she even brought Civil War quilts when I heard her last fall.
So if I'm not around, don't worry~I'll be back.
Hugs,
Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14