Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Feed Sack Quilts

Happy Tuesday to you. Until last Friday, I had no idea what Feed Sacks looked like; in fact, I thought they were old burlap sacks filled with corn and wheat-these are actually called Guniesacks. I knew many had ads printed on them, but had no idea they were often cotton fabrics. I was so surprised to see they flower prints on the feed sacks.  Some of these quilts have blocks from decades ago and feed sack fabrics intermingled.  I think the purple in the first one was feed sack material.








I absolutely love this next quilt!
Tablecloths often were used for the backing due to their size.


We still have more to see and I'l finish up tomorrow.
Have a great day!
Noreen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14