Monday, May 13, 2019

A Quilters Gatering

Good Morning to you! I had hoped to get here last week, but as always our week was filled with our Best Friends who were here for the week and a presentation for our quilt mini group that I was involved in hosting. We had Ms. Jeananne Wright speak to our group and share a small part of her quilt collection with us. This morning had been in the works since last year and it was wonderful.  We decorated all the tables with quilted runners and jars with buttons in them.  Love this first one!


Since Spring has been officially here(although last week was raining and cold), we decorated with that in mind.

Our greeters, Julie and Rinda.  Rinda originally started our group and has been an inspiration with quilting to all of us.
More incredible food that our group supplied.

Loretta, myself and Rinda. Loretta was the brains behind this whole morning and has the creative flair to put the extra special touches on the details. She made the cutest name tags.
Loretta and I work so well together and have a very similar style with quilting, so it is always fun to get together.  Look at all the beautiful quilts behind us.
Our Speaker  was Ms. Jeananne Wright; her presentation was on Feed Sack Quilts.  I had no idea what Feed Sacks looked like, I thought they were burlap sacks with ads on them-I was wrong. In fact, the dress and purse she is wearing were made from feed sacks.  The history of quilting always amazes me.
Come back tomorrow and you'll see her quilts.  This woman is a quilt historian, appraiser and collector with 807 quilts, ranging from the late 1880's-1970's.  I've heard her speak on Civil War Quilts and that was fabulous too.  I learned a lot of history of the era of quilting from the 30's.
It was a lot of work and I learned a lot on how to handle situations that arise, but so thankful we put it on.
Blessings on your day!
Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14