Monday, June 12, 2017

Miscellaneous Monday

Happy Monday to you from hazy Colorado. There are currently four wildfires blazing~two near Craig and two others down south. We woke up this morning to a haze that covers the sky; thankfully, the air quality isn't too bad. I've been out walking already and although it was 68 degrees, it wasn't bad out. We are supposed to get up to 90 today with high winds, which will be tough on the firefighters. I was going through hubby's phone looking for a specific photo and came across these, so thought I'd share. Hubby and I near the Visitor Center at Mt. Rushmore.
Jim and Barbara, our traveling companions and best friends. They have both had to deal with serious health issues over the past four months and we are so glad that we will be able to continue to travel with them. When you are facing life/death situations, you appreciate every minute.

On Friday hubby played golf in a Breast Cancer Fund Raiser event with our financial advisor. They supplied the shirts-which was nice, because hubby didn't have a pink one. Hubby even borrowed my pink baseball hat to wear., he is on the left. It was held at a private golf course at a country club, so fun for the guys. So to all you gals who have battled breast cancer, there are still lots of folks supporting the cause.
I spent a great deal of time sewing this weekend and want to work on some today.  I'm already thinking Christmas presents.  I hope you had a great weekend and that your day goes well.
Joy to you!
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. Isn't South Dakota gorgeous?!? Beautiful pix of you and of your friends!
    Very hot here, too, and windy. Heat index is supposed go well over 100 today - glad I got all of my outside things done early! Thankfully no fires here. I sure hope they can contain yours.
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe we are almost at the half way mark for the year. Time flies way to fast the older I get. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14