Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Fight Song

Last night hubby and I watched a show that we only watch occasionally-America's Got Talent.  It was nearing the end of the show and a young high school girl, age 16, came on to sing this song.
Her story is that a year ago, she was diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer and this disease has impacted my family.  Eleven years ago, my sister passed away from it after an 8 year battle with multiple surgeries and many rounds of chemo.  A year ago, I discovered I had an Ovarian cyst/tumor and faced that awful question of whether I also had it.  I am so very thankful that I did not have it; however the unknown was terrifying, especially given the fact that I watched my sister battle through it.  I have a dear blogging friend, Kathy at Empty Nest Full Heart who is battling it currently.
As this young high schooler sang, the entire audience gave her a standing ovation.  I loved her spirit and was so touched by her; to be fighting for her life at such a young age shows that she truly has a courageous spirit.  May she live a long life and defeat the odds.
Cherish every day you are given!
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Mom missed that, but we are adding our prayers and good thoughts to yours for that young girl.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it too.. I cried she was amazing and Symon was so touched too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 16? So young! I wish I would have seen her sing. I'll add her to my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14