Thursday, June 23, 2016

A Second Try

Happy Thursday to you! A little over a week ago I shared that I got a new pair of running shoes; I thought they'd be so good, but found out the first time I walked that they caused my toes on my left foot to hurt. In fact, I didn't even make a short walk, but had to turn around. I took them back the next day, which was last week and talked to a clerk at the store. I had planned on getting my Asics brand, but tried another brand on that actually felt better. The clerk gave the brand, Saucony, a very high rating. So I thought the worst I can do is have to return them too. The great thing was the unbeknownst to me, I had a $50. credit at the store-have no idea what it was from; they said it was from 2 years ago-so my total cost was $35. So this is my new pair of walking shoes. I ended up getting one size bigger for comfort. I'd been told that with running shoes you always take .5-1. size bigger, who knew?

I am pleased to say that after walking 3.5 miles yesterday they were fine. They do look so long! However, it give my toes plenty of room. So I'm keeping my receipt and box and will return them if something changes. I've never had to do that before, but have never spent as much money on running shoes before either. Hunter gets groomed this morning and after I drop him off, I'm meeting friends for coffee. This afternoon, I'm getting a hair cut. I'll be cutting fabric at some point, for my upcoming class in Sisters, Oregon. I hope you have a lovely day!
Joy to you.
Noreen

9 comments:

  1. Nice you found pretty and comfortable shoes and the unexpected $50 credit at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a pair of shoes that seem to fit comfortably!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liking the new shoes. Hope all went well with Hunter's grooming. Skye and I usually get our haircuts around the same time too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom says it is very important to have shoes that fit well - nothing worse than trying to walk or run in poor fitting footwear. Glad you found something that works.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great - I hope you love them! Good shoes are SO IMPORTANT!!!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good shoes really do make a difference!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh darn it! Hate that!
    Do tell me more about that class in Sisters!!!!
    And thank you for the Anniversary Wishes...but you are a wee early. Tee hee...we are 37 years on September 01. Birthdays are the same though...
    Hugs..
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the new shoes worked out! Yes, mom always sizes up too (to 11.5)!!

    Your Pals Who Are Trying To Catch Up,

    Murphy & Stanley & The Laundry Queen

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14