Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Hearty Meal

Good Morning Friends, I mentioned that I was going to try a new dish yesterday and wanted to share the outcome. I will state up front, that I did not stage the table as I should have and probably would have added something more to the plate. It was wonderful and I'm thankful I remembered to take some pictures for you. The dish is called One Pot Paprika Chicken Thighs and I got it from the blog Reluctant Entertainer. I had tried many of her recipes and find them all so tasty. I will have a link at the end of this post. Here is our kitchen table; I love the placemats and candles.
Here is the dish; I served it on a white plate in hopes that it would stand out more-should have centered it though. It is a combination of chicken things, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and seasonings.  The recipe said to serve it with rice or quinoa, we chose brown rice; however I think next time I will serve it over fresh spinach or another vegetable or bread to soak up the sauce. 
Hubby really loved it and said it is a keeper; I can see having friends over this winter and serving it as well. 
Here is the link to the recipe: http:eluctantentertainer.com/2014/09/one-pot-paprika-chicken-thighs/
My gum is still swollen, despite gargling with warm salt water, so tomorrow I'm going to the dentist to see if I need antibiotics.  I had hoped I could clear up whatever is going on by myself, but don't want to wait too long and have the pain become unmanageable.
I'm off this morning for a cut and color and then have sewing with grands.  One of my closest blogging buddies, Kathy of Empty Nest But Full Heart, told me she takes her Christmas Tree photos with her IPad-I tried it and guess what, they were the best.  I'm still wanting to play a bit more before I share with you. 
Have a day filled with love and joy!
Noreen

7 comments:

  1. That paprika chicken recipe sounds delicious, and I hope your day is lovely and your mouth situation heals up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope you are better soon and that the dentist sorts it out. Looks like a lovely hearty meal. Yum. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great and what a lovely table! Mom and dad use place mats but not me and Stanley.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meal looked good, sounds like it was tasty as well. I sure hope you get your tooth/gum issue taken care of quickly and don't have to have any major treatment! Enjoy your Friday! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The link didn't work for me, I was curious what was in the sauce. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful Noreen! I have sent you the Exchange List, so be sure to let me know if you do not receive it! I hope the dentist will be able to sort out what is going on in your mouth. It is difficult to have tooth issues ... especially over the holidays! Your dish looks wonderful, as does the table setting! Hugs, Jeanne and the girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you were able to get good pictures of your tree ... I cannot wait to see it.

    I'm definitely going to try that recipe. It sounds (and looks) yummy! I'm in a cooking rut, and I need to get out of it ... this sounds like just the perfect recipe to knock me out of my rut.

    I'm so sorry to hear that you're gum is still bothering you ... best to get it looked it after this time ... the longer you wait, the bigger problem it may become.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14