Monday, October 20, 2014

Tah Dah

I hope you had a fabulous weekend friends! I've had such a hard time posting first thing in the morning lately, but wanted to get back on track. Here is my Alaska quilt; I purchased the fabric and pattern while in Alaska a year ago with our traveling friends. Not sure why it took me so long to complete, but now that it is done I know I'll get a lot of use out of it. O.k. on reflecting why it took so long to get done, we moved in April, went on a two week vacation and came back to unpack our new home.  Then in July, we moved our daughter & her family; when we were done with that, we went on another trip. It is a heavier quilt than the last couple I've made and will help us all to stay warm this winter. So without further adieu...


Yesterday I began cutting fabric for my new quilt-it is Birds in the Air and will be fall colors, all batiks.  A friend asked me yesterday what I plan on doing with the quilts and after so many years of making baby quilts, hubby and I will enjoy them until we pass them on to our grands. 
Not sure what is on the agenda today, but I'm sure hubby and I will think of something. 
Hope your day goes smoothly!
Joy to you!
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. The quilt is lovely.
    Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful sewer....we are sending mom over for lessons.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt Noreen! And the way the blocks are made to look like they have depth. So interesting!
    I bet it is warm and cozy! You will need it!!!
    XO Kris
    PS Wish you could come and sew with me in my new sewing nest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt, you did an amazing job on it. I am obviously living my life wrong. I'm here reading posts all the time and never do anything creative anymore. I hardly find time to clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just gorgeous Noreen! I love it. You know I have been meaning to tell you, every since I have learned what all goes into a quilt, and how long it takes, and how much time etc it takes, I feel kind of bad that I ever asked you to make one for me. Whatever was I thinking? lol But I am very glad on the other hand that I have one that you made with such care, and I know my daughter treasures it! Looking forward to seeing you new one! Hope your day was good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful quilt....great memories of Alaska 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a glorious beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Noreen, it's just beautiful! You are so very talented! Enjoy it! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14