Monday, October 6, 2014

Family History

Happy Monday to you! I hope you had a joy filled weekend, enjoying this new season. Our weather has been spectacular, but thankfully not in the 90's like most of Northern California. We ventured to our new Costco on Saturday; the gas prices are the lowest of any we've seen and the store, though crowded, was not as bad as the holidays. It is so nice that it is only about 10 minutes from our house-will make shopping easier and more budget friendly. Today, I wanted to share some photos that we took in Leadville, when we were there. As you know, our primary purpose of the trip was to locate information on hubby's grandmother, great grandparents and great-great grandparents. These homes were at the addresses where hubby's ancestors lived at the end of the 1890's thru the early 1900's. Many of the lots were vacant, but these were still(barely)standing. Being a mining town, it appears they moved around a lot. They also lived in Aspen and Meeker.
This locomotive reminded me of the ones we saw in Alaska, with the snow plow.
Just had to leave you with this photo-isn't it spectacular.  I've walked this morning and now have to get in and bake two breakfast crisps for bible study tomorrow. Each group provides snacks for one week, since there are 80 ladies doing the studies, I thought I'd rather make enough to bring home than not.  Hunter will also be getting a bath today; we had friends over yesterday whose dog was a bit mouthy and slobbered all over him.  Hope you have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. Love those old houses. We always find it odd that your country does wood when we do stone. Poor Hunter hope he likes his bath. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom loves old houses and takes pictures of many of them.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed seeing those old houses . I wonder how old they are?
    I love Costco, but I always over spend when I go there. Sometimes I go by myself to see holiday stuff. If my husband goes my budget goes too. he want's everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the photographs, but the last one is indeed spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos , poor old buildings we have some buildings like that on our main street of our valley village it is a shame to see them just sit and rot . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun to see those homes and have those photos to share with your family down through the generations! What a great trip you must have had! Your weather sounds perfect, we are finally in the 90's ~ YAY!! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting! You have lots of friends with dogs...I bet Hunter just loves that...except when he has to have a bath after! :) Hugs to you both. Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love our Costco and do most of our shopping there. It's always crowded! Your pictures remind me of the homes still standing in Bodie State Historic Park. How wonderful that you found them. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14