Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring

Happy Spring to you friends~Here in Colorado, it isn't feeling warm like I expected, but then again it isn't snowing.  I'm thankful for that! There is a dampness in the air today that reminded me of the California coast.  That is one thing I don't miss-that damp feeling that chills you to the bone.  Hunter and I did get a walk in this morning and even met another Bichon in our development; well I'm assuming Hunter made introductions because both pups acted like they wanted to play and be friends.  I've run some errands and even took a salad over to my girl's house to share. I was planning on trimming more of the Crab Apple Tree but it is just too cold outside. I think we are still in the 30's-burr!  I am planning on doing some reading and sewing this afternoon. This week has been pretty open and I had hoped to get more accomplished than I have; actually my dear, sweet mil is not doing well and knowing we might have to jump on a plane, at any time, has made me try to get some grands birthday presents bought and ready to wrap-just want all our ducks in a row.  My hubby's mom was the only mother I've had for the last 38 yrs and it is hard to think of life without her.  She has been such a blessing to our family as well as to me.  She is the last of the grandparents and parents, it will be hard without her, but we also don't want her to linger in pain.  God Speed Mom.
I hope your week is going well and that you enjoy this new season we are entering.  Spring in Colorado usually doesn't happen until after Mother's Day; until then we can have snow and frost, so you never plant earlier than that. I guess if we had a green house we could, but we don't and I'm not risking having new plants die on us. 
Blessings to you this day!
Noreen & Hunter

4 comments:

  1. Your mil sounds like a wonderful woman. God bless her and each of you during this time.
    Glad you and Hunter got a walk in this a.m.
    I saw my first tulip blooming today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 30 is still very cold to me! We really didn't have a winter over here maybe one or two days at the most...the rest of the months have been warm 70s and 80s.so, we get a head start with spring flowers!..looks like you had a busy day!
    Blessings, Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely NOT spring-like here. 20 degrees right now. Brrrr

    Praying for your MIL. {{{hug}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will say a prayer for your mother-in-law.
    We have about the same weather here, only there is snow and ice in the immediate forecast.
    KZK

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14