Friday, March 8, 2013

Fun In The Sun

Happy Friday To You~I'm so glad that hubby and I got some time in the warm Arizona sunshine this last week; we are expecting snow tonight through Sunday. Initial reports predicted about a foot of snow but the forecast has changed and it doesn't look like it will be as much. I can tell you that I am so ready for spring weather. For those who were concerned about our pup Hunter, he is slowly on the mend. The meds we got yesterday are definitely helping but he is still napping a lot and not quite his perky self. As much as I don't want to add to his discomfort, he desperately needs a quick bath; he will get groomed next week but the boy smells dirty and I'm thinking a nice warm bath might make him feel better(probably not what he thinks though).
 
Posted by Picasa
On our first day in the Mesa area, our friends took us to an Olive Grove for lunch. What a great place!
There was a small orchard that had picnic tables for folks to eat at; the atmosphere was so cool-almost like being in Italy-although I haven't been to Europe so wouldn't really know, but this is what I think it would be like. The was a warehouse that had a deli, coffee bar, desert bar, and Olive Oil bar as well as a classroom.  So very fun!
 
Posted by Picasa
After lunch we took a drive out to Gold Canyon to get some pictures, check out the golf course that hubby once played at years ago, and to see the incredible homes on the hillsides.
 
Posted by Picasa
This trip allowed us ample time to spend with our friends, Dorothy and Eddie.  We hadn't realized what jokers these two are. They are both avid photographers and belong to a camera club; they love spending their days taking pictures. 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
It was fun to explore their area and some interesting surrounding areas.We loved their Anthem Home by Del Webb-such beautiful homes and the community center was just like a resort.
 
Posted by Picasa
On Monday we took a drive to Tuscon, though we didn't stop there and Tubac; Tubac is a local artist colony with lots of shops and boutiques.
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
Isn't this metal doggy cute! We had a great lunch and I also bought a little fudge but didn't find anything else that I couldn't live without, plus I wasn't about to pay the prices that they asking.
I've got to run a few errands so I"ll bid you adieu.
Weekend blessings~
Noreen and Hunter

12 comments:

  1. Glad Hunter is feeling somewhat better. Love the artsy place, looks like it would have been fun to explore. Your friends look like they are a blast to hang with...glad you had some time away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those pics reminded mom of summer! Glad Hunter is on the mend. We so hope he puts all this illness behind him! We got our vests in the mail today but still haven't received our CGC patches (we had to reorder cuz the ones we ordered are too big for the spot on the vests). Mom is crazy over the vests and say we look very handsome but won't post a photo until we get the patches. We are only getting rain (we're at 5000 feet). Maybe 2 or 3 snowflakes tonight. Where mom and dad ski it is raining! Have a great weekend!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Online Doods

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fun trip. Always better to do things like that with good friends...We go through Tuscon on our way to Mel's but we have never stopped except for a quick bit..guess we are always in a hurry. Glad Hunter is better. I bet he will be his old self soon. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful time with your friends. Great pictures and those metal dogs are fun. Glad Hunter is on the mend...and when I don't feel good a bath really does make me feel better. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad my pal Hunter is getting better. I am sure he would disagree about the bath part. But maybe if there was lots of cuddling afterwards then that would speed along his recovery. MOM and I sure like that doggie thingy. Very cool. Would look good in my yard.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a great time. Hopefully you can come sometime when we can get some of the area bloggers together and have lunch. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that Hunter feels better and better. I enjoyed the pics from your trip very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that Hunter is starting to mend... And what a great trip! We are hoping for a trip to the desert soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Noreen,
    Looks like a very fun trip, and that olive grove with the picnics tables and food, sounds wonderful.
    Loved that metal doggie too, so cute.
    So much fun to explore new areas, huh. I always enjoy that too.
    Blessings hon,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a fun time ... so nice to get away, but even better to get back home ... especially with Hunter under the weather. Glad to hear that he's improving, and am continuing to pray that he'll get back to normal SOON. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so warm and beautiful! I'd love to go back to the SW!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you two had a wonderful time on your trip.
    Hunter is not feeling good?? I'll have to go back and see what is going on!!! I will say a prayer for him.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14