Thursday, March 4, 2010


Good Morning Friends~ Today I am thankful and grateful for so many things.
I am thankful for a place to write the rambling thoughts of this nana-my journey of life, family and faith for those I love but that also hopefully encourage you in your life today.
I am thankful that our daughter's ultrasound yesterday showed her little girl to be the perfect size for this point in pregnancy and that even if she arrives early, she should be a good healthy size. I am thankful that the Lord has my girl in the palm of His hand.
I am thankful for time spent with all the grandkids and of course their mama's-my girls. How blessed I am by them.
I am thankful for a week with the weather in the 50's-promises of spring. I am thankful for our old dog, Reggie, and his faithfulness to me. I am thankful for each day we have with him; for although he wasn't a dog I choose, he has been a wonderful companion to me.
I am thankful for dear friends, those prayer warriors, who will stand in the gap for another.
I am thankful that the Lord hears our cries even before we utter them.
I am thankful I can trust fully in His plan for my life, even when it isn't as I pictured it.
Nothing comes into my life that first doesn't filter through His hands. I am thankful that He is Yahweh Rophe-The Lord Who Heals and nothing is too hard for Him. I am so thankful that no matter how uncertain life may appear at any given moment, He will never leave or forsake me.
And as always, I am thankful that you stopped here for a visit. I am blessed by you dear friends.
Hugs today, Noreen

13 comments:

  1. AMEN sweet sister!!! I'm so thankful for you too. Hugs

    btw - the word verification was "river". Isn't that awesome. Jump in it dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, you are such a blessing to me. I am honored to pray for you.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noreen,
    What a lovely post as always.
    So glad your daughter and baby are doing well. I know that is a load off your mind and hers.
    So glad you are having a bit warmer temps, I'm sure you are more than ready. we are in the 60's this week, but starting Sunday we will be in the 70's, so I am thinking that might be the end of our winter, but not necessarily, we have the storm of the century in the middle of March.
    So we will see, the weather is so crazy you never know from day to day. I am like you so glad our heavenly Father has it all under control, so we can just chill and leave it to him.
    Have a wonderful evening my dear,
    Love and Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dear Noreen,
    I always enjoy reading your Thankful Thursday post.You truly have a thankful heart and it comes through in your writing.
    I will be lifting your daughter up in prayer, and you are so blessed to be near your family and I know they are happy and blessed to have you and you dh nearby too.
    I have so missed not visiting.
    Thank you for coming by and for leaving me such a sweet comment. I am so glad that you are able to open the windows and let that fresh air in. I think everyone of us are so looking for warmer weather.
    Blessings and Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet friend
    glad you have been getting to spend so much time with your girls and the kids. I am sure they are sooo thankful for their Mama. In yesterdayspost...sounds like Grandpa is having fun too (o:
    I got your email and haven''t got back...to many kids today and lots of energy...theirs not mine. I figured it might not work for Friday...with baby so near and your help needed. That is just fine. We will do it some other time.(o:
    I will be praying for you to find the right path to take to take care of your own health issues. My hubby just found out he has a nodule on his thyroid and needs a biopsy. He is a little stressed about it so we are praying for that too.
    Know that you are loved and prayed for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet thankful post. I loved it. What good news about your daughter...How exciting for you. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dear Nor,
    Your heart sure does shine through in this thankful post, girl! Love you so much and am thankful right along with you!!

    Things have settled here a bit...thank You Lord! Keeper's tomorrow and then hopefully a peaceful productive Friday and relaxing weekend! Always so much to be thankful for, isn't there??

    I count you 50 times when counting my blessings!!
    Big Toasty Hugs n Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. This so touched my heart.
    Thankful that God has given us the ability to 'visit' one another this way and to glimpse into the overflow of each other's hearts.
    I am so thankful for you and your gentle, thoughtful blogs that point straight to our Abba-Father.
    I am praying for you my sister. He IS Yahweh-Rapha!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noreen~~
    Rejoicing with in you all your thankful for today. Isn't wonderful to know that He encamps about us who love Him ~~
    Blessings, Ella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your beautiful post of thanks. I thank God for leading me to your BLOG. I enjoy it so much.

    Blessings & Hugs
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Noreen, that is really good to hear about your daughter's ultrasound! Praise God. Much to be thankful for!
    Blessings,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14