Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nuggets From The Psalms

Good Morning Friends~ This morning as I've spent time in the Word and going through the Psalms I decided to share some of my favorite verses. I love all of God's word and am hard pressed to pick out just a few nuggets but here is a small sampling. Enjoy.

"How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. And he will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in it season, And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers." Ps.1:1-3
"I have set the Lord continually before me; Because He is at my right hand I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will dwell securely." Ps. 6:8,9. This is the verse that I was memorizing when I was involved in the third bank robbery at the bank where I worked five years ago.
"One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to meditate in His temple." Ps.27:4
"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living: Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let yourheart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." Ps. 27:13,14

I could spend all day meditating on God's word and these are just a couple of verses that have touched my heart over the years~I pray they touch yours today.

Blessings, Noreen

4 comments:

  1. Thank you friend. Lifting you up!! hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Psalms!!! Always something wonderful to meditate on! Last winter I did Beth Moore's Bible study on Psalms. There were videos to go with it. It was a great study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you got some time today. :) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Noreen,
    That was a lovely post, I love many of those same scriptures myself, but it would sure be hard
    to pick a favorite....wouldn't it!!
    So how are you doing with your moving??? Are you all moved in yet or still working on it??? The worst part of a move for me is having to go back and clean the old place cause you want to get busy unpacking and fixing up the new place. I was always so happy when the old place was done, so I could move on.
    Have a great day hon and thanks for all your advice on the bogus
    check situation.
    Love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14