Monday, June 22, 2009

Holiday Fun




We are still away and until last night I had very limited access to the internet. I will post pictures of Lake Tahoe tomorrow but had to share our thrill from yesterday.
We were visiting dear friends in Nevada City and decided to go to the bike race Tour D'Nevada City which has been going on for many years. I didn't know about this race but it is the second largest in the U.S. and the largest on the West Coast. One of the main riders was Levi Leipheimer from Santa Rosa(our old town)and then the big name was none other than Lance Armstrong. It was such a thrill to watch these bikers, up close and personal. Lance won and Levi came in third. It was a wonderful way to spend Father's Day and also to spend time with dear friends. We are on the road again today, headed to our old neighborhood to check on our house and do some work around our house there. I'm hoping to be back posting on a regular basis this week.

8 comments:

  1. What a thrill considering all the cycling you've been doing!! Watch out Lance...N & J are coming up behind you quickly!! (Great pics!)

    Love ya, and can't wait to hear more!!

    You know you're in my thoughts and prayers!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thrill. You've been on my heart. I'm so glad you're enjoying your vacation. Hugs and prayers, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh what fun! I was wondering how you're doing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi friend. I see you are away having a great time. Love those cloud pictures. How fun to see the bike race.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys are having fun! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear from you again - glad you are enjoying your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exciting time you've had. Reminded me that Lance Armstrong was here in our country just a short time ago - what an impressive man he is.
    Continue enjoying your time away.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great time! I've never seen a cycling race like that! Hope you're having a good time and enjoying internet service! Would be lost without mine!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14