Friday, January 6, 2023

Newness of Winter

Happy New Year to you all. The last few months have been colder than normal, for our neck of the woods. In the 15 years we've lived here, I can't remember the temperature being well below freezing for most of December. January has started out the same, with lots of white stuff.



 The photo of me was taken several years ago while on a family get away up in Estes Park. Our family, totaling 17, took a hike around Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park.  These trips with family have always been high on our memory list. 

We had a delightful family celebration on Christmas Day!  There was lots of laughter, great food and some incredible gifts.  For New Year's Eve, we had our dear friends Steve and Shelley over for a great dinner.  In the past, we've gone out to our favorite restaurant to celebrate the last day of the year.  However, with cost of living so expensive, we had a wonderful dinner here and played games after that.  We never make it to midnight anymore!  
I've been working on some quilt projects from last year and need to get back to my sewing room, or  they won't be finished anytime soon.  
Blessings of joy, peace, love and health this 2023.
Hugs,
Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14