Tuesday, November 8, 2022

A Thankful Heart


 

Hello Friends,  It is so hard to believe the days, weeks and months come and go; here we are in November already.  My heart is overflowing for the many blessings in life~two of which are pictured above. This photo was taken one afternoon while the dogs watched for a testy squirrel that visits our yard.  It was one year ago that we drove to Idaho and picked up our little jewel Emmy.  She has added so much to our lives, especially Hunter's; it only took him about 7 months to adjust to have a playmate around all the time.  Hunter is turning 11 next month and I truly believe Emmy has kept him young.  Emmy is the perfect size for us weighing in at 24 pounds and about 18" high; she has finally started understanding what we are asking of her, most of the time. 
The most important blessings in my life are first and foremost-My Lord and Savior Jesus and then in this order- 1) my hubby, who probably wouldn't have added a second dog to our family and yet let me.  After 44 years of marriage, we still enjoy each other so much.  2) my daughters and sons of my heart-what joy in having family who love the Lord with their heart, mind and soul.  Their faith is reflected in every area of their lives. 3) Our 11 grands, who bring me joy continually.  I love that we all live within 10 minutes of each other and have such a close family bond.  4) Friends, some that have spanned 40 years and some less than 10.  Interests vary, but joy is present when we are together.
5) Good health; not exercising as much as I did in previous years, but we try to walk the dogs whenever the weather allows. 

I hope you have a moment each day to reflect on those blessings in your life.  

2 comments:

  1. Hello Noreen! So happy to connect with you here, and have sure enjoyed getting to know you better through our bible study together too! There is just so much to be thankful for, and I enjoyed your thankful post so much! Our animals are near and dear to our hearts, so precious to us! So happy Hunter has a sweet companion in Emmy! And what a blessing to have all your kids so close by! Congratulations to you and your husband on 48 years together, that is an amazing milestone! Truly the blessings of the Lord are so wonderful! Hugs and Thanksgiving blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, sweet friend, I just wanted to pop in and say hi here as I haven't got to visit your blog in a long time. My blogger is all messed up, some can't leave comments, subscribers are not being notified when I post, etc. I have lost touch with so many people over it. It was nice to visit you here and so thankful to have you in our Bible study. May the Lord's continual blessings be upon you in 2023!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14