Thursday, June 3, 2021

Memorial Day


Hello All,  Last weekend hubby and I flew to Northern California to attend a 70th birthday party for hubby's brother's birthday.  What's a gal to do, but call her brother and sister of her heart asking them to pick us up at the airport and then go to lunch before we headed to hubby's sister's house.  My brother and sister in law found The Waffle Experience that was in close proximity to where his sister lives and we enjoyed lunch there.  From left to right-hubby, sister of my heart, my brother(both who we hadn't seen for 1.5 yrs) and myself.  We had a such a great time catching up, but sadly it was over too soon.
Hubby's sister has several passions, one being gardening.  While she has quite a small home, she has about 1/3 acre in the back yard.  She has landscaped it beautifully and loves spending time weeding and redoing plants. She has at least 10 Japanese Maples, hubby is standing in front of one.  Their dad loved these trees and had a yard filled with them; hence each of the four siblings love them as well.  We had so many in Santa Rosa, but they aren't as hardy here.  We do have one Lacy Leaf Japanese Maple in the front yard and a miniature in the back yard.  We have to go to some lengths to help them survive our snowy winters.
We had a wonderful two days with hubby's family and surprised his brother who couldn't believe we flew out just to attend the party.  When we got home all my Iris plants were in bloom in the back yard.  I call this garden area the "Loretta" garden after my mom, who loved Iris plants and my dear friend Loretta who gave me all the bulbs that bloomed here.

 This weekend we will celebrate one granddaughter's birthday and then it will be relaxed.

Hope you have a great day!

Hugs,  Noreen

3 comments:

  1. great post!Like your blog, thank you for sharing.
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ╭❤~
    lux hair shop set hair
    These contents have greatly helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a good knowledge of Cricket you Can play daily online ,live cricket games,
    cricket online games, best cricket games, play cricket online, cricket game online at best cricket games app for android phones to win real
    cash and amount to instant approve in your bank or Paytm wallet.
    play cricket online

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a good knowledge of Cricket you Can play daily online ,live cricket games,
    cricket online games, best cricket games, play cricket online, cricket game online at best cricket games app for android phones to win real
    cash and amount to instant approve in your bank or Paytm wallet.
    play cricket online

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14