Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Celebrations

Hello and Happy June to you! Last Thursday, hubby and I went on an adventure to Colorado Springs to celebrate both of our birthdays and our upcoming 44th anniversary.   We started by driving around Garden of the Gods, remembering a family trip taken years ago.  It was a beautiful day, but cold and windy.


Our destination was a hotel that we've heard about for years and wanted to experience-The Broadmoor. It did not disappoint.  This is a very expensive high end hotel that was worth every penny, even if just for a night.  



The next picture is of a beautiful room that used to be an ice rink and many famous skaters, including Peggy Fleming, Dorothy Hamill and Scott Hamilton perfumed there. Everything about this hotel exudes elegance.




 I will share some of our food entrees tomorrow.  Initially we thought we'd wait until our 50th wedding anniversary to go back, but we are both talking about possibly next year to celebrate turning 70.  

Hugs, Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14