Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Where Oh Where Have I Been?

Hello Friends~if you've been wondering where I've been, I've been researching so many topics over the last month and I never felt I had to the time to post.  So hubby and I had decided to get an RV in February and of course we know everyone's plans went by the wayside with the Covid pandemic.  During that time though I spent many hours researching what type of Class C to purchase, the good brands and not so good brands. When May finally rolled around we started looking seriously, but just couldn't find one that matched our needs and budget.  We used to camp every summer, but then I got old and didn't want to sleep on the ground any longer or hike across the campground to get to the bathrooms in the middle of the night.  Since we moved to Colorado 12 years ago getting a RV had been in the back of our mind, but just never happened.  So last Saturday hubby and I ran to the big box store to get two new ceiling fans we needed to replace and decided to drive to a dealership to look at a Chevy Tahoe that hubby had seen.  We drove it around and promptly sat down with the salesman to talk numbers. Thirty minutes later we were walking out for lunch and to grab a check for my new ride.  Hubby was very sad that we traded in my Highlander in order to get this, but we couldn't pass up the deal.  Yesterday I happened to see a trailer at a RV dealership down near Denver and bought a two year old 27' Coleman trailer.  One of the big reasons to get a trailer/RV was so we can take Hunter with us on trips.  We won't take possession of the trailer until the 10th of June, but it looked like it had only been used two or three times.  Once we get it we will do some local trips to get the hang of it and get Hunter used to it.  We are hoping to return to the Black Hills and also Jackson Hole after that.  I did tell hubby I couldn't be gone more than a month at a time.
So you can understand why my posting has been nil.  I hope you are staying well and enjoying the spring weather.
Joy to you.
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Enjoy your upcoming travels. Don't forget the Tetons and Yellowstone if you're in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like you have some great adventures coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting. I heard people are buying RV's now to go see the world and be social distancing that way. Congrats on the Chevy Tahoe too! Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting, Norren,enjoy both the Tahoe and new camper! I have been a little lax on blogging too!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14