Monday, December 16, 2019

A Quilter's Christmas Gathering

Happy Monday to you! Last Friday our quilt mini group met for our Christmas party and it was such fun. We started out making two crafts~one a sock snowman and the other a felt ornament.
One of our gals used to teach school and did this craft each year.  For some reason, I didn't get pics of the ornaments~probably because I was busy making one.

Aren't they just adorable.
Next came lunch time and we had a feast~we had grilled chicken, corn bread and mashed potatoes from a local restaurant, steamed vegetables, coleslaw, iced tea, water and punch.  Here are the five desserts that the middle gal brought. They looked incredible, but I couldn't taste since I'm gluten free.
There were only ten of us present and it made for a wonderful day.  We missed the two that weren't able to attend though.

After lunch we had our annual gift exchange; this year it was charm packs and we all have to make something with them.  Our fearless leader brought examples of items her other group made from the same exchange; this gave us inspiration and ideas.
There were several that caught my eye; right now I'm still focused on two projects I've got to finish, then I can decide what to do with the squares.  Thankfully, it isn't due until next November.
Love the charming fabrics on the table topper.

Look at all those dots.
Absolutely love this table runner; in fact one of the projects our group is going to do is seasonal table runners and we split into groups.  My good friend, another gal and I ended up with fall-I think this pattern would be lovely in fall colors.
This was our leaders project; she is an incredible quilter and teaches us so much.
Love these next two projects-I was hoping to slip them in my bag, but that didn't happen.  Just kidding.


My good friend Loretta and I hosted the party at her house.  It was a lot of work and Loretta is an incredible hostess.  I'm glad it's over and we aren't doing it next year.  Now we are getting ready to have five couples from our neighborhood in on Saturday night for appetizers and wine to celebrate Christmas.  Lots of work still let to do; I will say that we only have one gift left to purchase and hubby is wrapping the two items that came last night.  Once we have it all together, we can relax and enjoy.  Each evening we've been watching Hallmark Christmas movies and love them.
Blessings to you!
Noreen






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14