Tuesday, February 28, 2017

New England

Happy Tuesday friends~I should be posting photos of Ireland, but I've been checking out New England for our fall trip. We've been there twice, but only for two or three days and this fall we will be joining our best friends/ traveling companions and going for almost two weeks. So out comes the books on Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. We fell in love with Maine when we were there 14 years ago and vowed to get back there; it's sure taken us long enough! I love all things about Autumn and the changing of the season, so it should be a wonderful trip. It wouldn't be complete though if we didn't go to Keepsake Quilting in New Hampshire. These photos were taken in Vermont when we were there approximately 20 years ago, maybe longer. Be still my heart.



I'm interested in any places you've visited and feel that there are sights that can't be missed. It is always a gamble as to whether you hit the peak colors, but believe me that it is well worth it, even if you miss them.  I love the covered bridges and quaint towns, back roads and historic homes.
We have one other trip coming up in May, but that is pretty much taken care of; now it's on to planning this trip.
I hope your day goes easily and that you can dream of some adventures!
Blessings to you!
Noreen

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your travels, Noreen! A fall foliage tour is on my list too. Enjoy the planning, some say that is half the fun.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Beth, Thanks for coming by; I've missed you and wondering how you are? Hope all is well!
      Hugs, Noreen

      Delete
  2. New England is beautiful, we lived in Maine for about a year over 40 years ago. It's a pretty part of the country. We have plans to travel to New England this spring for a graduation, hoping it will be pretty. Don't you just love planning for vacations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our mom loves New England! Boston is always a favorite even though it is a big city. There's so much history there. Just walking the 3 mile Freedom Trail takes you through so much of our history! Out of Boston the smaller towns are fun. Mom loves Maine too and it's just a skip and hop to Montreal!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy and Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a native of Massachusetts, Mom says any trip to New England in the fall is a winner!!!

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Noreen! I am a real planner myself, and there's nothing more fun than planning a trip. Many, many years ago (BC - before kids!), my husband and I traveled to Boston to visit my sister. We then drove up to Maine and New Hampshire. I think the name of the place we visited was North Conway, and it was really pretty. We stayed in Ogunquit in Maine as well. Lots of fresh seafood!
    I hope you do catch the colors. We were on a 'Fall Colors' cruise one year, and completely missed the fall leaves. Oh well. It was fun anyway :)
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14