Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Prairie Falcon

Good Morning to you!  Yesterday afternoon I got a call from my daughter asking me what to do with a wounded Falcon that was in her yard and couldn't fly; immediately I told her to call-but before I could finish she said "Oh it just flew, it's not hurt at all".  I was thankful to hear this~she and the kids were in the yard when she spotted this beautiful bird just standing on the grass. She walked over to get a better look and got within 5 feet of it, it didn't take off-thus call Mom, she'll know what to do.
What she found out after it took off was that it was eating a wild bunny in the yard.  So she got the kiddos inside, lest they investigate to closely and waited for hubby to get home to clean up the mess.
The falcon did go to the top of their roof-maybe to wait it out until the humans left, so it could finish its meal.  I haven't heard whether the carcass was still there when our sil got home.  Great science lesson.  Well Done Kim!!!
We got a light dusting of snow last night, but the roads are all clear this morning.  Yeah.  I'm going to be working on some sewing this morning and not sure what this afternoon holds yet.
I hope you have a fantastic Tuesday!
Hugs,
Noreen

5 comments:

  1. Noreen, That is a great shot of the bird. I do not mind snow if it doesn't stay on the roads. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew, we are happy that falcon wasn't really hurt, but we bet he wasn't too happy about missing his dinner:)

    No snow here.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo . I have had Hawks do this in our yard sometimes but Miggs usually scars them away and they take off with their catch . Still gloomy grey and dreary here still snowless to looking for the sun shine since we haven't seen it for some time now .Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad the falcon was okay...but I hate to have kids see that sort of thing, too. I even hate to have them see road kill. Someone ran over a small kitten just outside our driveway the other day. I felt so bad and have no idea who it belonged to or whether someone had just dropped it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14