Friday, November 4, 2016

Happy Friday to you!  I hope you've all had a great week and got some things accomplished.  Mine has been so busy and it doesn't look like it is slowing down soon.  Like many, I've had a difficult time getting around to visit all of you, let alone figuring out what to write about.  Yesterday I got to walk with my neighbors; it seems like it is down to three days a week now and the off days, I really miss it. It is a brisk walk and at some of the streets it is hard to talk due to our pace.  These gals are amazing though!  When I got home, hubby and I made a run to the grocery store to get food for tonight, as two of the gals and their hubby's are coming over for dinner.  It will be an easy meal-bbq chicken, a green bean dish with shallots and goat cheese,  roasted butternut squash and a rustic bread.  One gal will supply a salad and the other will bring a gluten free cheesecake.  It should be such a fun evening and the gals and I are going to discuss setting up a monthly bunco game for our neighborhood this winter.  In the afternoon, my darling daughter came over to help me with a Christmas project I got a month ago.  It was an easy panel to put together(you will see it when it's done)and she was so thoughtful and kind to machine quilt part of it for me-since it really needed the look and I don't really machine quilt, at least free motion.  Both of our daughters are so very talented!  Now all I have to do is outline some squares on the top and highlight some winter birds.  I'm not going to think about the other projects I must do, because I don't want to get stressed. My girl actually commented that she can't believe how many projects I have going, one of which is for her birthday. Today will be pretty easy~I won't start cooking until the afternoon and I may even get to the sewing room after I clean house.
On an interesting note, my blogging friend Doniene from Now It's Just Quilts, had a post yesterday mentioning that she was raised in Colorado. I left a comment saying I didn't know that(or forgot)and that hubby's great grandparents and grandmother lived here; I also asked her where she was raised.
She answered me and also told me she worked on a horse ranch in my little town when she was in college.  I feel even more connected to her and to our town now~I know it sounds silly, but it's true.
Doniene is a quilter, incredible quilter, lives on a ranch in Texas and also raises border collies~a breed I've always love and even wanted to participate in sheep herding contests.  If you haven't met Doniene, you can find her here  http://nowitsjusyquilt.blogspot.com/2016/11/tea-cup-exchange.html
Go by and say hello.
Blessings on your day!
Noreen

11 comments:

  1. It sounds like your going to have a nice evening. Enjoy your weekend.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday back to you! We like those leaves on a transparent background. We might have to see if we can come up with something like that sometime! What setting is it? Stanley doesn't feel too good. He was sick during the night but finally threw up a piece of his yak milk chew. He swallowed it whole so we are hoping he is back to normal now. He just went outside to bark so that is good. But he hasn't had his breakfast yet. Off to have lunch with the grand girl for Grandparents Day. Heading to Sedona on Sunday. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noreen, Sounds like a fun time for you and your friends. I would love to be able to go walking again. I might start now that the crops are down and it's easier to see traffic. Gets scary sometimes when people take this road to be able to drive fast and not worry about the sheriff. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you walk with neighbors and are having a dinner together at your home. I have a lovely circle of friends but they are not close by neighbors. We get together for lunch or coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy day ending with an enjoyable evening with friends.
    I meet Doniene through Stephanie's tea cup exchange, what a dear sweet lady.

    Enjoy the rest of your day, it's beautiful out there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your meal and your friends, both are good-- one for the body and another for the soul! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bet you are enjoying your dinner with friends right now. Sounds like you had a wonderful day and will have an even better night. Take good care, Noreen. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it is wonderful that you get to walk with your friends! Keeping up a brisk pace can be hard to keep up a conversation, lol! Sounds like you have an incredible amount of busyness going on! Can't wait to see all your projects, you and your girls are very talented! Hugs to you today Noreen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Noreen! Shallots and goat cheese sounds amazing. What a savory combo!
    I got outside this week too, what beautiful colors and weather we had. I makes me feel young again!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you and friends enjoyed a delicious meal. I have my plate full in the next 2-3 weeks as well and am trying hard to just take it a day at a time. Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy to hear you have such dear and close friends to get healthy with and enjoy their company! What a blessing that is! I know you will accomplish all of your projects...one at a time! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14