Breakfast Bars-a Healthy version
1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt(I used regular)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda1 T Cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted(you could also use grapeseed oil or regular cooking oil)
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey(I use honey)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or maple extract(I have submitted Almond extract too)
1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup dried cranberries or blueberries
1/4 cup chocolate chips(optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine oil, syrup or honey and vanilla
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and soda
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry
4. Mix in coconut, seeds, almonds, raisins and cranberries
5. Mix in chololate chips
6. Grease baking dish(I use a 8x8")with oil. If you want them thinner, use a 9x13" dish.
7. Press the dough into the baking dish, wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly, if needed.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until brown.
9. Cool bars in pan for 2 hours. Cut into 12-16 bars.
They freeze well.
I even made a batch to send with Kim and family on their road trip. I hope you have a great fall weekend. I'm hoping we get up to the mountains on Sunday.
Joy to you!