Friday, June 20, 2008

A Thankful Heart

All of life is a journey, sometimes up and sometimes down but the outcome often is determined by our attitude. My life began a new adventure last December when our entire family left our home state of Ca. to move to a small town in Colorado. There isn't a time I didn't desire to live here, maybe in another town but even in college I wanted to be here. The timing was the Lord's and after finally relinquishing that desire all the details fell into place. Of course I never would have left my daughters and grandchildren behind and the Lord actually led through them. Our family is so close that it was natural for them to include my husband and me. As the trip came to be one lesson that I continued to learn; it was having a grateful heart whether it was in the weather that we experienced during the move or the settling into a new area and climate. I continue to try to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness each day and am grateful to the many blogs that publish Thankful Thursdays. This in itself has caused me to look at life differently. Just last night my hubby and I were talking about an issue with his car and the cost of fixing the problem. Instead of whining I was able to say how thankful I was that it wasn't the transmission that broke or something else that would cost more. Daily I am thankful for the abundance of birds we see and the beauty of our area. I am thankful that we came through the tornado with only minor damage compared to others who lost everything. I am thankful for His Hand of Protection on each of our family members. I am thankful that although I don't have an abundance of friends I have been blessed with my daughters, who are my closest friends along with my hubby and also the friends I've made that are as valuable as pearls. I'm thankful for the friends of many years who will travel to see us and for the fun times spent with those I love.
I'm mostly thankful for the greatest Friend of all, who willingly gave His Life that I might have life abundant and eternal, filled with His grace and Spirit. I am blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14