Saturday, June 21, 2008

Joy In Simple Things



So often in daily life we become hurried, driven by work or tasks or even a hectic schedule. We may pass by things of beauty just because we haven't slowed down enough to notice. The trappings of this world draw and entice us to add more to our lives but it is then we forsake the beauty of a simple life, the joy in living a quieter life, the freedom of not being controlled by external trappings. It is a war we often fight; we see others who have more or want for nothing and we ponder "Wouldn't it be nice..." but those things that entice us away often drown out that 'Still Small Voice' that whispers to our heart, speaking the language of love, breathing into our beings life. It is a conscious effort that we must make to slow down and enjoy the beauty of our world, to see the hidden blessings of a road less traveled and to listen to the quiet things.


Lord teach us to slow down and listen for Your Voice. Help us to enjoy the beauty of the world You have blessed us with. Amen.



Photo credit: A.Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14