Sunday, February 14, 2021

Hello!  Where have the days gone?  Here we are almost done with February and March is right at the door; I obviously have been so busy that I haven't spent any time here.   I guess it's been so long and rearranging photos here has changed-so forgive me that they are out of order.  The first photo of a purse I made starting at the end of January-it was a pattern called Bowl Me Over 2.0 by Annie's.  I got the pattern one year ago, at the Road to California quilt show that I attended with my best friend Barbara.  At the time, I looked at the example and thought it looked simple enough-but, oh my it has some challenging aspects.  The are three zippered compartments, two of the zippers were cut down to size.  It also has the front flap pocket and inside has a divided pocket. I loved the fabric and so does hubby; in fact he is still so disappointed we couldn't go to Maui last year that he's saying Maui or bust. This coming week some of our neighbors are going and he's whining, a lot.  Hopefully by the fall we will be feeling more comfortable with going.  

Now this is out of order, but while I was trying to finish my purse, I decided to make all 8 granddaughters and two daughters a mug rug(aka fabric coaster)for our annual Valentine's Day luncheon.  This was a quick and easy pattern and fun to do for them.  Of course, during the two weeks prior to the luncheon, we had granite installed in our daughter's home and also new carpet installed in several rooms in our home.  Talk about too many pots of the fire.  The girls loved their mug rugs and I was also able to help a good friend make two for her granddaughters.
This is the front of the purse; all in all I love it, just not sure I would use a pattern by Annie's again. I found that we have to make the body oversized, quilt it, install the three zippers and then cut it down to this size. It wasted a lot of fabric. The other thing I found out that attaching a binding onto four layers of quilted fabric was difficult at best; it may be my skill level is not as high as it needed to be.
Well now that my projects are done, I'm starting one last Patchabilities wall hanging that I will have done by March; you may remember that I made one for every month last year.  Our mini group decided to make a list of ten projects or unfinished projects to complete this year; our leader lets us know what number to work on each month.  It's a great way to get things completed. 

I hope you are all well and staying healthy!  
Hugs,
Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14