Thursday, October 15, 2020

From Smokey Colorado

Hello and Happy Thursday! Many of you may be aware of the enormous wildfire that is still raging here in northern Colorado. Tuesday night our winds picked up and so did the fire; yesterday while getting dogfood for Hunter, I was shocked to see just how far the fire has progressed. From the parking lot in Loveland I snapped these photos; let me tell you this was an unreal scene. Not only was it in some towns close to Estes Park, it was headed for the town of Estes and the famous Stanley Hotel.



In the thirteen years that we've lived here, we've never seen anything like this.  There has been wildfires, but generally they are up in the Rockies and not as visible as this fire is.  As of yesterday, the fire only had to cover 4,000 more acres and it would be the largest wildfire Colorado has ever seen.  
Our fairgrounds is housing not only the command center for the fire, but also evacuees and animals.
It is so sad!  Thankfully our weather has cooled off and snow is predicted for Sunday; the snow about three weeks ago helped quite a lot, but it's needed again.  Our air quality is so bad that on certain days it is just not safe to spend time outdoors.
I keep saying our Colorado is experiencing what California has experienced over the last three years. 
I hope you have had a great week.
Hugs,
Noreen
 

2 comments:

  1. Those smoke clouds do look threatening. We fled the CA smoke last week for a road trip and saw some of your smoke when we were in CO. I hope the rain/snow arrives before it gets worse. We’ve stayed at the Stanley and dread thinking of that area being burned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How unsettling . Prayers for you and all of Colorado. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14