Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Happy Tuesday to you all.  I hope you had a relaxing 4th of July!  Hubby had to work all weekend at the golf course and family was busy, however we did have a fun lunch prior to the craziness of the 4th.  When my two daughters were little we would go over to my dad's house several times a week during the summer and spend the day with him, swimming and having lunch.  Our youngest Kim still remembers how Grandpa Roche would make them sandwiches from Wonder Bread(the only time they ever ate that)with yellow mustard and bologna and then give them Root Beer Floats for dessert.
Kim and Carrie remember those days so fondly and so when Kim and a few girls came over I told her that I was doing a "Grandpa Roche"-she couldn't believe it when she saw the bottle of A&W Root Beer.  Mind you a good old fashioned Root Beer Float sounds delicious to me and I had been craving one-but my girls families don't do soda(unless it's a special occasion)and for most of Kim's family they only have Cashew Milk Ice Cream or homemade ice cream.  So we tried making it with Cashew Milk Ice Cream-which I love, but it just wasn't as good.   When people see these three granddaughters together they often think they're triplets, but they aren't-just the same height. We've been having very warm days last week and this week.  I've got all the windows open and later today may turn on the AC, if it gets too warm.  I had planned to sew all morning while hubby is golfing, but I had a slight accident yesterday with my machine needle and a finger-so giving myself a break today.
I hope you have a great day!!!
Hugs,
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. What a very special visit!!! We always have A & W root beer in the fridge. The grands love it, and they do get it as a special treat when they visit:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noreen, What great memories of your dad's treat. Nice that you tried to have his special treat again. Blessings to all of you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh a root beer float! What a delightful memory!!!!

    thank you!

    💛 💛 💛

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14